December 12, 2018
GIFTS FOR THE DESIGN-MINDED
Give substance—and a whole lot of style
Their home is #content, their taste level is high, and they know their Eames from their Rams. Give them something of beauty that’ll earn the approval of their discerning eye (clockwise from top left).
- A ceramic statement piece made in the brand’s Los Angeles studio.
Enter Globe Table Lamp, $1,275. Forty Five Ten.
- Totally elevated take on the humble bathmat.
Cold Picnic Bath Mat, $60. The Hotel Shop.
- A five-candle celebration of mixed materials: terrazzo, cork, stone, alloy and oil.
Tom Dixon Materialism Candle Set, $195. Forty Five Ten.
- Japanese incense, packaged and produced by an Arizona-based design studio.
Tennen Studio Cone Incense in “Mountain Stone,” $28. More fragrance options available. Forty Five Ten.
- From cameras to kitchenware, Lego to Lamborghini—a design study of the products we encounter every day.
Industrial Design, A-Z, $20. The TASCHEN Library at The Joule.
- Attainable art from an LA-based artist working in mixed media sculpture.
Bari Ziperstein Rope Vase, $300. Forty Five Ten.