GIFTS FOR THE TECH-OBSESSED
Surprise them with something delightfully analog
Tech obsessives are almost impossible to shop for because they’re always going to beat you to what’s new and next. That is, after all, why they’re called first adopters.
So as it says in the Art of War*, when they zig, you zag. Re-introduce them to the pleasures of printed matter: beautifully designed books, smooth-paged planners, and freshly sharpened pencils (from left to right).
- Super cool looking, whether you’re a fan or not.
Swissted Velvet Underground Print, $50. Forty Five Ten.
- The award-winning celebration of flora in contemporary art.
Strange Plants III, $40. Forty Five Ten.
- A surprisingly simple luxury to add to their desk.
Ito Bindery A4 Drawing Pad, $36. Forty Five Ten.
- Perfectly portable and way chicer than taking notes on your phone.
Postal Co. A7 Notebook, $16. Forty Five Ten. Available online in more sizes and colors.
- Remember how great it feels to check off a pen-and-paper to-do list?
Appointed 2019 Yearly Planner, $38. Forty Five Ten.
- Made in Japan with a gunmetal finish and gold imprint.
Blackwing Pencils, $21.95. Forty Five Ten.
*Not sure if that’s in there or not.
The Details: Find more printed matter and gifts downtown at Forty Five Ten, 1615 Main Street.